The Aldrin PTA sponsors Enrichment programs such as WordMasters, Keyboarding, Science Fair, Math Olympiad and PTA Reflections
The Math Olympiad program at Aldrin Elementary is for our 4th - 6th graders - and this year (2018 - 2019) Mr Woodring is our teacher sponsor. It is a premier, international Math Contest
which offers 5 challenges during the school year from November - March. It offers the following objectives for students:
- To stimulate enthusiasm and a love for Mathematics
- To introduce important Mathematical concepts
- To teach major strategies for problem solving
- To develop Mathematical flexibility in solving problems
- To strengthen Mathematical intuition
- To foster Mathematical creativity and ingenuity
- To provide for the satisfaction, joy, and thrill of meeting challenges
For more info visit www.moems.org
or speak to your child's teacher.
The Aldrin PTA sponsors the WordMasters program at Aldrin Elementary for our 3rd - 6th graders - and this year (2018-2019) Ms. Lewis is the teacher sponsor. It is a national language arts
competition which spans three challenges from November - April. WordMasters focues on grammar, punctuation, spelling and other language mechanics and helps students to think
both analytically and metaphorically.
The contest addresses higher-level word comprehension and verbal reasoning in two ways:
- It bases the analogies on special vocabulary lists, developed for each grade and difficulty level by experienced teachers, which participants study before each meet.
- It challenges students to complete analogies based on relationships among words they have learned.
The Aldrin PTA sponsors the Keyboarding (or Learn to Type) Program at Aldrin Elementary. The PTA offers several teacher led before school classes during the school year for 3rd - 6th
graders and also offers several opportunities throughout the school year to purchase a license to use at home - any time/any place for all ages (K - 6th grade).
Type to Learn is a research-based keyboarding proficiency solution. Type to Learn’s cloud-based platform is used by schools of all kinds nationwide with compatibility to virtually mostly
all home technologies including Chromebooks, iPads and laptops. The program’s game-based typing methodology engages all learners while promoting, assessing and recording each student’s level of